The Presbytery of Nevada at its Council meeting in June gave $50,000 to the Dobbins Hall Enhancement Project at Zephyr Point. Get a brochure about the project here. View a video of the donation by clicking here.
After 80 years of hosting thousands of people of all ages, Dobbins Hall will get major enhancements to improve the camper/guest experience for years to come.
- New ADA Restrooms – no more walking to Tahoe Center!
- New kitchen – food is a big part of camp, especially snack time!
- New energy efficient lighting – save energy costs and more lighting options!
- New durable and energy efficient roof – no more leaks!
- New audio visual equipment – better communication at events
- New quiet and energy efficient heating – warm and easier to hear in the hall
- New floor – the eighty year old floor is starting to fall apart
- New window blinds – save energy and helps with media presentations
- New decking and entrance – enjoy the Lake Tahoe view and easier access!
From a Zephyr Point brochure
Over one hundred groups a year use Dobbins Hall as their meeting space, including many of our Presbyterian congregations. Eighty years ago this building was erected as “holy ground” for the spiritual life of our denomination. It has been that “thin place” where so many Christ-centered epiphanies have taken place: calls to ministry, meaningful worship, healings of broken spirits, decisions to become Christ followers, etc. Now we want to breathe fresh life into this much used historical structure to hopefully gain another eighty years of service for future generations that come to Zephyr Point.
– Bedford Holmes
The total needed for these enhancements is $1 million of which $200,000 is already on hand by Zephyr Point. Our donation will be used to solicited matching donations in partnership with individuals and groups related to Zephyr Point. For more information on how you can contribute please contact Zephyr Point staff, Bedford Holmes or Stan White at 775-588-6759.